These destinations are not necessarily being ranked from 1-10. They are simply our top picks for honeymoon/weddingmoon destinations. Aside from flying there and staying, you might also consider a cruise to these destinations. Imagine being able to visit several cities while taking your hotel with you.
1) With dramatic coastlines, volcanoes, green forests, refreshing waterfalls, the native Hawaiian culture, tropical breezes, white sand beaches, spectacular resorts and water sports, Hawaii is a magical place. It is perfect a quiet or adventurous honeymoon getaway or a beautiful wedding on the beach. Just imagine showing your friends the pictures of that wedding or better yet - share the experience with them.
2) The variety found in Mexico is unparalelled. You can bask in the sun at posh resorts along the Baja coast, the Mayan Riviera, or the Nuevo Nayarit area further down the Pacific Coast. For a taste of the ancient Mayans, visit the valley of Oaxaca or the famous Chi-chen Itza in the Yucatan. Ride the train through the majestic Copper Canyon. Or, for a taste of Europe in all its splendor, go inland towards Mexico City. If shopping is your thing - this is the place to be. You'll have tales to tell and treasures to show off when you get back.
3) From its boisterous culture of reggae and Rastafarianism, passion is not lacking on this tropical island. Jamaica is the place if you are looking for non-stop nightlife. But, if the bar scene isn’t for you, don't worry. You can take advantage of its white-sand beaches on horseback or take in the vistas and lush foliage of its many gardens. We recommend you stay in one of Jamaica’s all-inclusive resorts like Couples. They not only include your meals and drinks but also quite a bit of sightseeing. If you are a nature lover, take a leisurely bamboo raft trip down the river or explore the many caves in the mountains and the prestine waterfalls that abound in its green forests.
4) This island has a mix of French and British heritage but with a hint of the South Pacific as well. A nature-lovers paradise, St. Lucia remains relatively unspoiled with green-mantled mountains, valleys, banana plantations, a bubbling volcano, wild orchids and fishing villages. It offers newlywed's and vacationers alike great snorkeling in clear, blue warm waters. Perfect relaxation, sipping on a cool tropical drink in your hammock while listening to the waves wash up on the shore. If your budget can't make it to Hawaii, this is the closest thing in our hemisphere.
5) With only a short distance to the U.S. mainland, the Bahamas, with its white-sandy beaches and casinos, is close and beautiful. Over 2,000 cays (pronounced "keys" from the Spanish word for small islands) make up the Bahamas. We can meet any budget with a variety of accommodations or cruises to choose from. Nassau has surprisingly retained a fair amount of its traditionally British feel with a Bahamian twist.
6) You don't have to leave the country to have a wonderful honeymoon or weddingmoon. There are many options within the U.S. to consider as well. One of our favorites is quaint little Eureka Springs in Arkansas. If you enjoy walking along cobble stone streets, taking a carriage ride, experiencing a variety of architectural buildings or are looking for nature's finest - this is it. Every state has something to offer. From a nature lover with the great variety of natural wonders in our national parks, to an architectural enthusiast with every imaginable genre represented across the country, to a gambler and the beach bum. Give us a call - we'll help you find your idea of paradise.
7) If you are avid adventure seakers, then no destination could be more perfect than Costa Rica. It remains a place rich in natural wonders and biodiversity. Consistently one of the hottest vacation destinations in Latin America, it boasts a wealth of unsullied beaches that stretch for miles, small lodgings that haven't attracted hordes of tourists (some right at the edge of volcanoes), and jungle rivers for rafting and kayaking for all levels of experience. There are spectacular cloud and rainforests with ample opportunities for bird-watching and hiking or ziplining across the jungle canopies. There are still the handful of luxury resorts, all-inclusives and golf courses that can keep you very comfortable.
8) Aside from its palm-draped, white powder beaches, blue lagoons or rugged mountains, Fiji's best feature is the enormous friendliness of the Fijian people. You can scuba dive to exhaustion over some of the world's most beautiful reefs or just laze on the beach with a trashy novel. Even out there, you can be left alone with your lover on a tiny islet or share a 300-room hotel with package tourists. There is a lot to this collection of 300+ islands. You might even consider a longer stay and include Tahiti.
9) In the Cayman Islands, you can hike through an untouched woodland, pay a visit to colorful reefs and fish or plunk yourselves down on the white sands of Seven Mile Beach with a frosted drink in hand. Snorkeling or scuba-diving is a must because of the clarity of the water and the variety of marine life and dive sites. If scuba diving is not your thing, dive into the deep with Atlantis on a submarine. Stingray City gives you the opportunity to pet the stingrays - a phenomenon unique to the Cayman Islands. You can rent a little, isolated West Indian cottage or stay in a luxurious resort.
10) If you would like to take a little more time, Italy is one of our top picks for a European honeymoon location. No wonder, it's the land of Amore! We have itineraries ranging from 1 to 2 weeks. They can take you from the Northern Alps (the great Tuscan city of Siena) and the lake country to Rome, Florence and Venice. From the aura of the Middle Ages to the wonders of sailing along the Grand Canal and such attractions as the Basilica di San Marco, the Colosseum and the Vatican, Italy offers you a romantic adventure through history.